Strategic Thinking & Innovation for Leaders - Prof. Jamie Anderson
Jamie Anderson is jointly Adjunct Professor of Strategic Management at Antwerp Management School and Fellow of the Centre for Management Development at London Business School. Recently named as a “management guru” by the Financial Times, Jamie has also been included on a list of the world’s “top 25 management thinkers” by the journal Business Strategy Review. Jamie’s research and teaching focuses on the interconnectedness between leadership, strategy and change, and he has advised a range of Fortune 500 firms on approaches to corporate renewal. His articles have appeared in some of the world’s leading international journals, including MIT Sloan Management Review, California Management Review, and the Journal of Business Strategy, and his ideas have been quoted in outlets such as Business Week, the Economist, Wall Street Journal and Financial Times. Jamie is an award-winning author, and his latest book titled ‘The Fine Art of Success’ explores business lessons from the creative industries.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The global technology and consulting firm IBM recently conducted a survey of more than 1,500 CEOs from around the world. When asked which leadership skill they considered to be the most critical for business success in the 21st century, they ranked creativity at the top of the list. But creativity has been an under-researched field for decades, and has rarely been part of the business school curriculum. In this intensive program developed by Professor Jamie Anderson, participants will develop an understanding of how to boost individual and collective creativity, and get an appreciation of why so many companies look at creativity as an important strategic capability.
- To penetrate the question of a new Who (Customer), What (Product) or How (Business Model), that can lead to new kinds of opportunities.
- Handling Complexity and managing Integration
- Building a culture of creativity
- Building innovative teams
- Learn techniques for boosting individual and collective creativity towards achieving higher levels of organizational innovation.
- Interactive lectures
- Case study discussions
- Museum visit
- Experiential exercises
- Business heads and functional heads who are responsible for strategy formulation for their business units.
- This program is open to all industry sectors.
Date: 20th & 21st November, 2017