March 30, 2021
One in three professionals on the planet is on LinkedIn. However, only a fraction of them taps into the true potential of their profile. Optimizing your LinkedIn profile and showing off the right skillset & achievements can pave way for better career opportunities, improved salary prospects and will also help you to build a great network. Here are a few ways in which you can make the best use of your LinkedIn profile by deftly showcasing your achievements.
Having a complete profile is only half the battle won. Reports show that less than a third of the users post at least once a month and most of them only use it to add new connections. However, this can be a one-way street.
LinkedIn offers a very fertile ground for showcasing your professional expertise. Posting strategically and periodically is a great way to get into your connections' newsfeed.
It is however recommended that you pick the right themes for your updates. Think about the kind of people in your connections, and what kind of news and updates they would like to know about. Think of posting the things that would help your contacts. The most common themes that would help your network would be
- Industry news – posting about conferences you have attended, industry news that interests you and the insights you have acquired from them.
- Knowledge sharing – If you’ve read a book or an article about the industry then you can share a summary with an appropriate link on your LinkedIn profile.
- Inspirational quotes - Research has shown that inspirational quotes gather quite the engagement on LinkedIn. It is also a great way to inspire your followers. But ensure that your posts are not limited to inspiring quotes.
- Personal achievements - Got appreciated by your boss? Working on a personal project that is close to you? Taking a new course that will advance your career? Share it with your network to gather some support and maybe some advice that will help you.
- Advice – Do you need some help to achieve your goals? Are you stuck professionally and need some help? Post about it and prompt your connections to recommend people who can help you.
LinkedIn is a great way to build new business relationships and can be a base for a strong network. Connecting with someone on LinkedIn after meeting them at a conference or a work event can be the start of something new and eventful.
When you go on LinkedIn, do like the posts that you find interesting and leave an insightful comment. Make sure that your likes and comments are purposeful. Frequently engaging with the posts and people that interest you will trigger the algorithms to show similar posts on your feed more frequently.
Doing this will also ensure that your name regularly appears in your connections’ news feeds. This ensures that you stay relevant in their minds. By staying active, your connections can grow accustomed to seeing you and you might get a follow back if they deem your content to be interesting enough.
Fill Out Your Profile
Your LinkedIn profile is more than just your resume. Go beyond filling out the relevant fields and put some effort into writing quality summary and job experience content. Showcase your interests and accomplishments in LinkedIn in the right way to gain more attention from the right kind of people.
Filling out your profile is also a way to optimize your LinkedIn profile for recruiters. It also enables you to showcase your personality as a professional in a clear-cut format. What’s more is that LinkedIn favours the profiles that are complete, and it gives you more credibility.
Filling out every section is also a great way to asses your strengths and weaknesses as it gives you a chance to reflect on your professional achievements of the past.
If you are unable to find any achievements worth talking about, you can talk about your work with a non-profit, your volunteering efforts, an internship or even your new journey as a student. Taking a break from work to opt for higher education is an excellent way to show that you are committed to enhancing your career growth.
World-class education from some of the best universities in the world will reflect well on your LinkedIn profile. At Times TSW, we make it possible for you to find the right higher education to give your career a positive outlook. To know more about our offerings, do visit our website at https://admin.timestsw.com