IIM Calcutta’s Advanced Programme for Marketing Professionals (APMP) is a one-year programme especially designed for sales and marketing professionals to imbibe cutting-edge approaches in incorporating marketing strategies to tackle rapid consumer interest. The programme curriculum has been developed to impart knowledge on both strategic and tactical challenges in sales and marketing of products and services. Features of this intuitive programme include interactive learning sessions and intensive in-campus learning at IIMC Campus, Kolkata.
Besides inculcating a pride of being a part of IIM Calcutta, one of the top 10 B-Schools in India and the pioneers of interactive learning in the Asia Pacific region, the programme offers participants lasting value.
- One-year programme comprising of intensive learning via Interactive Learning Platform and in-campus sessions at IIM Calcutta
- Convenient learning schedule for working professionals
- Six days of in-campus sessions at IIM Calcutta by expert faculty
- Peer learning through rich student proﬁle & networking opportunities
- Get IIM Calcutta Certification and Executive Education Alumni status
- Develop advanced competencies in effective marketing strategy
- Appreciate the complexities posed by the inter-relationship of marketing-mix elements
- Internalise the wider organisational context of marketing and decision-making
- Advanced knowledge on sales and marketing theory and practice
The course curriculum is structured into Foundation and Advanced course modules.
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Research and Analytics
- Financial Acumen for Sales and Marketing
- Organisational and People Issues in Marketing
- Negotiation Skills for Marketing and Sales
- Consumer Behaviour
- Product and Brand Management
- Services Marketing
- B2B Marketing
- Sales and Distribution Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Strategic Aspects of Marketing
- Contemporary Issues in Marketing
The programme will ensure intensive immersion through the Interactive Learning (IL) platform as well as in-campus sessions. Teaching methodologies include:
- Interactive Learning
- Live Corporate Examples
- Case Studies
- Group Discussions
- Projects & Assignments
The Interactive Learning component forms the core of the APMP programme. Instructors facilitate learning via two-way audio/video synchronous telecommunication mode from the studios set up at IIM Calcutta campus. The technology allows the instructor to use slide presentations, video, audio, whiteboards, etc., to effectively communicate ideas and interact with participants.
Pan India Network of Learning Centres
53 learning centres spread across 37 cities all over India.
The classes will be conducted once a week.
- Each class will be of 3 hours.
- Saturday 9.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.
Besides sessions delivered across the Interactive Learning platform, the programme includes 6 days of in-campus modules of face-to-face sessions at the135-acre IIMC campus in Kolkata. Split into 2 visits of 3 days each (one each at the beginning and end of the course), the in-campus sessions would be held by IIMC faculty.
Who Should Attend
- Middle to senior level executives in the areas of sales/marketing/operations/customer relations/marketing research will find the programme useful to increase their productivity and growth.
- Participants looking for cutting-edge knowledge on both strategic and tactical issues in sales and marketing of product and services.
- Graduation in any discipline with minimum 50%
- Candidates with 3-year Diploma after class 12 with minimum 50% marks from recognised institutions like AICTE/State government bodies etc. are also eligible for the programme
- Candidates who have less than 50% marks in graduation but have more than 50% marks in Post-Graduation (from a recognised university) are also eligible for the programme
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience after graduation
Assessment and Certification
- Evaluation Methodology includes Written Tests, Assignments, Online Examination, Quizzes, etc.
- An examination will be held for each course. Participants will be given any one of the following grades: “Excellent”, “Good”, “Fair” and “Poor”.
- Evaluation method to be chosen by faculty members teaching respective courses.
Candidates will successfully complete the programme if they have met the attendance requirements and have received “Poor” grade in not more than two modules. Successful candidates will receive a “Certificate of Successful Completion” from IIM Calcutta. Those with requisite attendance but unable to complete successfully will receive a “Certificate of Participation”. Giving feedback is an integral part of the completion requirements of the programme.
After successful completion of the programme, students will be conferred with Advanced Programme for Marketing Professionals directly by IIM Calcutta.