To equip managers and practitioners with the concept and practices of Operations Management in services and manufacturing sectors which will help them deliver corporate success through a more efficient and effective management of processes, resources and competencies. The programme has been designed to suit the requirements of managers involved in operational activities like manufacturing, design, procurement, production, logistics, sales and distribution, service delivery, programme and project management and strategic activities like network optimization, supply chain design, process technology management, innovation management, designing improvement programmes and product/process configuration. The role of operations managers is progressively shifting from supply focused to demand focused owing to the increasing competitiveness of the business environment. This unique programme has been designed by experts at IIM Calcutta to enable these managers to be adequately skilled to keep up with the changes in the business environment and to rise beyond the expectations of their firms. Further, to enable operations practitioners in diverse industry sectors comprehend and leverage the shifting business environment as well as to equip them with skills to assume greater responsibilities in the new era of industry 4.0, the program includes advanced topics on data driven analytics, lean management, supply chain analytics, pricing and revenue management, linking operations to strategy/ finances.
The year-long programme involves 165 hours of instruction by IIMC faculty via the Interactive Learning platform, along with a 5-day in-campus module at the IIM campus Kolkata.
A. Introducing Operations Management (45 hours)
- Process Analysis
- Productivity and Efficiency
- Inventory in Manufacturing, Queuing in Services, Newsvendor Model
- Resource Planning and Scheduling
B. Analytics and Management Sciences (33 hours)
- Simulating Processes in Services & Manufacturing
- Decision Trees
- Advanced Optimisation and Programming
C. Improvement Concepts in Manufacturing & Services (15 hours)
- Introduction to Lean concepts
- Using Lean Concepts in Manufacturing & Services Through Examples
- Using Theory of Constraints in Manufacturing & Services Through Examples
- Using Six Sigma Concepts in Manufacturing & Services Through Examples
D. Project and Programme Management in Manufacturing & Services (12 hours)
- Basic Foundational Elements: Project Scheduling, Stakeholder Management
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Economic Value Analysis of Projects
- Leadership, Teamwork and Dealing with Difficult People
- Negotiation in Projects
- Contract Management
E. Quality Management (15 hours)
- Measures & Dimensions of Quality
- Statistical Process Control Analytics
- Process Performance Analytics
- Inspection Analytics
- Quality System Standards, Audit and Certification
F. Advanced Topics (24 hours)
- Pricing & Revenue Management
- Technology and Innovation Management
- Managing Information Systems, Data Sciences, Data Driven Management
- Finance & Budgeting: Costing, Linking Key Financial Measures with Operational Drivers
- Managing Supply Chain in Services & Manufacturing
- Capacity Strategy
Each course will be taught with the help of case studies, live corporate examples, analytical tools (qualitative and quantitative) and general discussions. In order to provide greater industry insights, business leaders from the different industries would be invited to share their experiences.
The programme will be delivered through online classes of 3 hours duration once a week.
There will be 5 days campus visit scheduled towards the middle of the program. The campus fees is Rs. 6000 per day. (i.e Campus visit fees is Rs. 30000). Dates will be announced well in advance. It is mandatory for participants to attend the campus visit for successful completion of the programme.
Pan India Network of Learning Centres
53 learning centres spread across 37 cities all over India.
The classes will be conducted once a week.
Saturdays: 6:45 p.m. to 9:45 p.m..
Who Should Attend
- Working professionals with at least 3 years in operations role (manufacturing, design, procurement, production, logistics, sales and distribution, service delivery, programme and project management and strategic activities like network optimization, supply chain design, process technology management, innovation management, designing improvement programmes and product/process configuration) will find the programme both challenging and stimulating.
- Minimum eligibility criteria is undergraduate (10+2+3 or equivalent) in any discipline with 50% marks. Participants with less than 50% marks in graduation but 50% or more in post- graduation are also eligible. This programme is specially designed for managers who plan to further their career in both service and manufacturing organisations.
- Graduates (10+2+3 or equivalent) in any discipline with 50% marks who would like to further their career in operations management.
- Participants with less than 50% marks in graduation but 50% or more in post- graduation are also eligible.
- Working experience of at least 3 years in managerial role.
- Students would be selected based of their overall profile.