“Women need to shift from thinking ‘I’m not ready to do that’ to thinking ‘I want to do that and I’ll learn by doing it’.”
– Sheryl Sandberg, COO, Facebook
Transitioning into Leadership: A Programme for Women Executives (TLPWE), a one-year programme offered by the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) transforms your thought process and augments your natural leadership abilities to help you slip into business leadership roles with ease. Apart from equipping you with theoretical and applied managerial skills, it engages you in a variety of executive dimensions like leadership vision, self-exploration and understanding, skills, applications and articulations. The programme intends to respond to the broader question, ‘How do women in the corporate world become effective leaders?’
- • Gain awareness of the issues and problems faced by women in corporate set up worldwide and the condition of working women in emerging markets
- • Explore aspects of one’s own self, identity, biases, strengths, fears and build upon them to develop skills of inclusive leadership
- • Gain knowledge of various organisational functions like marketing, finance, accounting, operations, and strategic leadership
- • Learn digital marketing, data analytical tools, and legal & HR perspectives to understand and realise the value of authenticity in leadership
- • Recognizing how to exert the power of one’s own voice in personal and professional settings to communicate effectively and apply it in leading, managing and empowering teams
Module-1: Women in Management: An Introduction to Specific Issues Women Face As They Navigate Their Careers in Organizations.
• Confronting Problems Faced by Women in Organizations
• Economics of Contemporary Women Labour Force in the Corporate
• Global Gender Perspectives in Business (Part 1)
Module-2: Leading and managing teams
• Managing and leading teams
• Conflict management
• Effective negotiations
Module-3: Strategic Leadership
Module-4: Bird’s Eye View Of Organizational Functions
• Basics of Financial Accounting
• Introduction to Financial Markets
Module-5: Managing in a Digital Age
• Digital Marketing
• Data Analytics
Module-6: Leadership Communication
• Persuasion and Argumentation
• Articulating Through a Management Situation – Proposals
• Communication Analytics
Module-7: Legal and Human Resource Perspectives
• Human Resource Management
• Legal Perspectives
Module-8: Working Women in Emerging Markets
• Post-colonial Women (part 1)
• Public Private Partnerships (part 1)
Module-9: Building one’s leadership potential
• Self Awareness and Emotional Intelligence
• Coaching and Mentoring
Campus Visit: 4 days: Inter-personal Skills
• Post Colonial Woman (part 2)
• Public Private Partnership (part 2)
• Gender Perspectives (part 2)
Leveraging on technology, through the Interactive Learning (IL) platform, the pedagogy designed is highly interactive with a judicious blend of:
• Online lectures
• Real-life case studies
• On-campus face-to-face sessions
• Quizzes, Assignments & Tests
• Group discussions/work,
• Workshops, etc.
The Interactive Learning component forms the core of the TLPWE programme. Instructors facilitate learning via two-way audio/video synchronous telecommunication mode from the studios set up at IIM Calcutta campus. The technology allows the instructor to use slide presentations, video, audio, whiteboards etc. to effectively communicate ideas and interact with participants.
Participants will attend the online classes from state-of-the-art TSW Learning Centres. The online examinations (if any) will be held at the Learning Centres under a proctored environment managed by TSW.
Pan India Network of Learning Centres
Candidates can attend online lectures at 70 state-of-the-art TSW Learning Centres located in 45 cities across India.
One class of 3 hour-duration held every Thursday from 6:45 PM to 9:45 PM.
The programme consists of one 4 day of in-campus sessions at IIM Calcutta Campus, Kolkata. The participants are expected to stay in the campus for 4 days of intensive campus learning, group learning sessions and attending campus sessions is mandatory.
Who Should Attend
• Participants demonstrating significant career achievements/leadership responsibilities
• Women engaged in family business/entrepreneurial activities
• Working women with minimum 5 years of managerial/entrepreneurial experience
• An aggregate of 50% in graduation or post-graduation
Assessment & Certification
• Evaluation methodology includes written tests, assignments, online examination, quizzes etc.
• Mode of examination and evaluation method including self-evaluation at the discretion of faculty members teaching respective courses
Candidates will successfully complete the programme if they have received ‘Poor’ grades in not more than two courses. Successful candidates will receive a certificate of completion from IIM Calcutta. Those with requisite participation but unable to complete successfully will receive a Certificate of Participation. It is mandatory for participants to attend campus visit for successful completion of the programme. Giving feedback is an integral part of the completion requirements of the programme.