The Executive Programme in Strategic Human Resource Management (EPSHRM) designed by Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) is a one-year immersive management education programme delivered by way of a cutting-edge online Interactive Learning (IL) platform. The programme comprises of 9 interactive learning modules along with 5 days of in-Campus sessions at IIMC Calcutta.
The programme is ideal for working professionals with at least 7 years of work experience, with or without a background in HRM. Designed by experts, the programme aims to equip learners with leadership skills to manage and motivate employees in people-driven organisations.
Who Can Attend
- Graduates (10+2+3 or equivalent) in any discipline with 50% marks
- Participants with less than 50% marks in graduation but 50% or more in postgraduation are also eligible
- Work experience of at least 7 years in any role
- Participants would be selected on the basis of their overall profile
- IIM Calcutta is one of the top 3 business schools in India. Three-hour sessions held once a week by IIMC faculty as well as industry veterans as guest faculty for topics like M&A, HRM Analytics etc.
- The institute aims to be an international centre of excellence in all aspects of management education.
- Quality interactions with experienced executives and peer group learning
- Specifically designed for working executives with the flexibility of the Virtual Interactive Learning platform
- Campus component of five days in the beautiful IIMC Campus in Kolkata
- Executive Certificate from IIMC
- Alumni Status on successful completion of the programme
Key Learning Outcomes
- Thorough understanding of strategic management in Human Resource Management
- Learn critical elements of Strategic Human Resource Management processes
- Acquire requisite Operational Human Resource Management knowledge to tackle real world challenges at the workplace
- Benefit of quality interactions with experienced executives and peer group learning
Module 1 (Part A): Operational HRM – Link to SHRM
- Manpower planning issues including succession planning.
- Planning and executing recruitment and selection for different positions.
- Training design, Investments, and effectiveness.
- Performance Management for goal alignment, motivation, and development.
- Reward and Compensation design to attract, retain, and motivate employees.
Module 1 (Part B): Consultative role of HR Managers
- Designing and running assessment / developmental centers
- Developing Competency framework
- Implementing 360 degree feedback processes
- Managing Change
Module 2: Leadership and Talent Management at Work Place
- Transactional and Transformational leadership
- Understanding and mapping leadership styles (personality, big 5)
- Motivating and engaging employees
- Developing your teams
- Coaching and Mentoring
Module 3: Formal and Informal Organization
- Structural Choices for effective organizational outcomes
- Organization culture and its impact on organizational outcomes
- Cross Cultural challenges
Module 4: Understanding Strategic Management
- Strategy versus Operations distinctions
- Strategy formulation
- Industry level analysis
- Value chain analysis
- Business and Corporate strategies
- Resource Based View on firms
- Strategic framework for VUCA environments
- Planned versus Emergent strategies
- Strategy Execution issues
Module 5: Business Strategies and SHRM
- HR Manager as a business partner.
- Universal, Contingency, and Configurational views on SHRM
- Aligning HRM policies to the business strategies/ organizational goals- cost leadership, innovation, Technology, differentiation on services, or quality
- Fit/ alignment analysis framework- Horizontal Fit and Vertical Fit
- Horizontal Fit – HRM System properties of complementarities
- Vertical fit- Balanced Score Card Framework
- HRM flexibility to manage VUCA environment
- Creating HR (Real) options to manage VUCA environment
- Institutional context and Industrial relations
- Labour laws and its impact on businesses/ organizations
Module 6: Corporate Strategies and HRM and International HRM
- Conglomerates versus Standalone businesses- SHRM issues
- HRM Issues in related vs unrelated expansions
- HRM issues in M&A- Due diligence of HRs and Cultural integration
- HRM issues in managing JVs- Managing marriage of equals
- HRM issues in Turnaround management – asset retrenchment and revival
- HRM issues in divestitures – managing workforce retrenchment
- International HRM – Institutional and Cultural analytical framework
- International HRM approaches – Geocentric, Polycentric, Ethnocentric
- Managing Expatriation and Repatriation challenges
- HRM issues in Global Production Chains
- Global institutional frameworks- WTO Vs ILO; Rights vs Interests debate
Module 7: General Management Module
- Analytics in HRM- psychometrics, surveys, statistics,
- Understanding financial statements and costing concepts
- Applying Marketing to HRM – Employer Branding
- Economics of HRM- economics framework applied to hiring, rewards, training, and unions.
- Labour market dynamics
- Application of emerging technologies to HRM processes- AI, Chatbots and so on
Module 8: Integration and Contemporary Issues in HRM
- GIG Economy and workers
- Managing millennials
- Contemporary concerns for work and workers
The classes will be conducted once a week.
Sunday: 12:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Programme Fee Structure
|Processing Fee||*INR 10,000/-*|
|Course Fee||*INR 2,55,000/-*|
|Campus Fee||*INR 30,000/-*|
|Total Fee (exclusive of Application Fee)||*INR 2,87,500/-*|
|*Exclusive of GST at 18%|
Note: Processing fee comprises INR 2,500 towards application fee & INR 7,500 towards the total course fees. Processing fee of INR 10,000 is refundable in case the participant’s profile is rejected by IIM Calcutta
|10th Nov,2019||10th Feb,2020||10th May, 2020||10th Aug, 2020|
|*INR 67,500/-||*INR 70,000/-||*INR 70,000/-||*INR 70,000/-|
|*Exclusive of GST at 18%|
|Application End Date||31st October 2019|
|List of Selected Candidates||TBD|
|Date of 1st Instalment||10th November 2019|
|Technical Orientation||17th November 2019|
|Academic Orientation||17th November 2019|
|Date of first online class||24th November 2019|
|Date for 1st Campus Visit||TBD|
|Program End Date|
+ GST @18%
Total Programme Fee
+ GST @18%