The Global Master Certificate in Business Analytics provides a fundamental understanding of how to leverage data to improve business performance, streamline decision making and long-term strategy development. Leveraging graduate-level content, this programme will help you identify the right questions to ask to ensure you are focusing on the issues that matter to the business and avoiding time wasted solving the ones that don’t.
You’ll discover how to structure relational databases connecting external data like social media, mobile and geospatial with internal data that may be spread across systems and silos within your organisation. Enhancing your current business intelligence with predictive capabilities will not only help you prepare for the future – it will help you model it.
- Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).*
- #12 as per QS rankings Master of Science in Business Analytics 2020**
- MSU is one of the Top 100 universities in the world, according to the Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings 2020 ***
*The Broad College of Business has been accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) since 1953. AACSB International Accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Institutions that earn accreditation confirm their commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous and comprehensive peer review.
Course Detail Curriculum
ANALYTICS FOR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
- Create Value Enterprise Data Management & Analytical and Modeling Tools
- Value Chain and Business Analytics
- Marketing/Sales Valuation Processes
- Enterprise Risk, Supply Chain and HR Processes
- Identifying & Defining Organizational Problems and Opportunities
- Telling the Story of the Data – Communication and Visualization
DATA MINING AND MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES
- Enterprise Database and Data Models
- Extracting Data from a Database
- Large Scale Implementation of Hadoop® MR
- Getting Data: Social Networks and Geolocalization
- Unstructured Data, Graphs and Networks
- Clustering: Understanding the Relationship of Things
- Classifications: Putting Things Where They Belong
- Classifications: Advanced Methods
APPLYING BUSINESS ANALYTICS
- Statistics – Data Driven Science
- Describing the Data
- Data Distribution
- Statistical Inference
- Simple Linear Regression
- Data Mining and Inferential Statistics
- Decision Trees, Machine Learning and Optimization
- Analysing Text, Networks, Location and Imagery Data
- Online and Live interaction with Faculty & Subject Matter Experts.
- All instruction, assignments, and student interaction are completed 100% online for a highly interactive and technology driven learning experience.
- Students can work as per their flexibility. The content would take approximately 5 to 7 hours a week. That would include your online lectures, assignments and exams.
- Comprehensive Online Programme with flexible learning specially designed for working executives with learning on the go, anytime, anywhere, and live faculty facilitation.
- Duration: 6 months
- Commitment: 5-7 hours per week
Who Should Attend
- The analyst or data practitioner wanting a holistic, business based approach to analytics.
- Manager/senior leader needing an end-to-end understanding of business analytics to drive performance and lead analytics teams.
The Global Master Certificate in Business Analytics is designed for professionals in all types of industries who want to understand the wealth of information Big Data provides and develop the confidence to use business analytics and predictive analysis to make smarter business decisions and drive innovation.
Professionals who can benefit from this certificate programme include:
Business professionals who need to have a better understanding of how to interpret and leverage Big Data. Many of these professionals are coming from the fields of marketing, finance, human resources, healthcare, retail and supply chain management.
Analytics professionals looking to formalise their experience and expand their knowledge in areas such as data management, statistical foundations and business decision making.
Dr. Bronlyn M. Wassink, Ph. D.
Dr. Bronlyn M. Wassink is a full-time faculty member at Michigan State University, where she is the statistics professor for the M.S. in Business Analytics program in the Broad College of Business and the Quantitative Literacy Course coordinator in the Department of Mathematics. She received her Ph.D. in Mathematics from Binghamton University, and additionally is A.B.D. in Applied Statistics at Michigan State University.
Dr. Arend Hintze, Ph. D.
Dr. Arend Hintze received his Ph.D. in Genetics and Developmental Biology at the University of Braunschweig Germany. He later changed his research interest from studying morphogenetic cell migrations of the nematode C. elegans to digital evolution. His research focuses on agent-based modelling of evolving systems and decision making in evolutionary contexts. He is currently a postdoc with Dr. Chris Adami at Michigan State University in the Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics.
Dr. Zal Phiroz, Ph. D.
Dr. Zal Phiroz is an established specialist on data analysis and global supply chain practices, within global impact areas including the fast-moving consumer goods and IT industry. He has held a number of executive and senior management roles, including appointments at Proctor & Gamble (NYSE:PG), TELUS (NYSE:T), and is currently a member of faculty at the Eli Broad College of Business, Michigan State University.
Dr. Cheri Speier-Pero, Ph. D.
Dr. Cheri Speier-Pero is the Ernst & Young Professor in Accounting and Information Systems, and currently serves as Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs in the Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University. Dr. Speier-Pero received her Ph.D. in Management Information Systems from Indiana University in 1996. Previously, she was a regional sales manager for information technology and data collection systems.
Candidates who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate from Michigan State University’s Eli Broad College of Business.
Dates and Fees
*Inclusive of all taxes