4th April, 2022
Saturday – 06:00 p.m. to 07:15 p.m. Saturday – 07:30 p.m. to 08:45 p.m.
• Introduction to Operations & Supply Chain Management
• Key Concepts: Cycle Time, Throughput, & Work-in-process
• Introduction to Statistics
• Mathematical Programming
• Queuing Theory
• Role of OS in Business Strategy Hierarchy
• Strategic Contribution of Operations Management to an Organisation’s Overall Goals
• Process Structure in Services & Manufacturing
• Process Analysis
• Evaluating Process Performance
• Process Improvement & Reengineering
• Total Quality Management: Key Elements
• Six Sigma
• Statistical Process Control
• Process Capability
• Theory of Constraints
• Resource Planning
• Material Requirement Planning
• Types of Inventories
• Economic Order Quantity
• Inventory Control Systems
• Designing Lean System
• Toyota Production System
• Process Considerations in Lean Systems
• Supply Chains for Services & Manufacturing
• Measures of Supply Chain Performance across Inventory & Financial Measures
• Vertical Integration
• Bullwhip Effect
• Forecasting Models
• Understanding Demand Variability
• Monitoring & Controlling Forecasts
• Strategic Sourcing
• Supplier Relationships & Partnerships
• Supply Chain Contracts
• Procurement Analytics
• Factors Affecting Location Decisions
• Network Design
• Warehousing & Logistics Management
• Optimisation for Prescriptive Analytics
• Applied Modelling in Operations & Supply Chains
• Triple Bottom Line Approach to Sustainability
• Socially Responsible Operations & Supply Chain
• Industry 4.0
IIMs have included supply chain management as a vital area for teaching as well as research. All IIMs have a distinguished faculty as well as researchers and doctoral students. There has been dedicated research as well as activities in the various facets of supply chain management such as logistics management, transportation, information technology, and even eCommerce. IIMB has started the Supply Chain Management Centre which is dedicated to research on supply chain management. The IIM Supply Chain Certification programme is a popular course that will boost participants’ careers and give them an edge over their competitors.
Operations & Supply Chain Management is a crucial part of a business. It is a vital factor for boosting organisational success and driving effective customer service. Those who have knowledge about efficient supply chain management practice will be able to analyse issues, work effectively around any interruptions, and understand how to move past disturbances in a competent manner.
Operations and supply chain processes involve a variety of functions like sourcing and management of materials, operations planning, demand forecasting, distribution, and logistics, etc.
Both operations management and supply chain management are important for adding value to a business and driving revenue for the company. Supply chain deals with materials that are received or sent from external places whereas operations management is more involved with the internal processes.
The two areas don't usually cover similar duties, however, the skill set required is fairly similar. Both the roles do intersect with each other to cooperate and ensure customers receive their orders on time.
Supply Chain Management includes managing supply and demand, sourcing raw materials and parts, manufacturing and assembly, warehousing and inventory tracking, order entry and order management, distribution across all channels, and delivery to the customer.
Supply chain processes are vital to business operations and will have an impact on the costs as well as profits of a company. It requires proper planning and execution in order to promote the movement of goods and services from the supplier to the customer.