Who Can Attend:
- The Advanced Finance Program is for senior-level executives and high-potential professionals who wish to accelerate their career development in the area of modern finance. Additionally, executives working in roles where they need to significantly expand their understanding of finance or whose career mobility demands greater financial expertise will benefit
- Ideal participants will have significant career and academic achievement and will currently be on a career progression that has involved consistently increasing levels of responsibility.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken, is required for participation in Wharton executive education programs unless otherwise indicated.
- The Admissions Committee may request that applicants submit academic records and a professional letter of recommendation as part of the admission process. If requested, this letter must be written by someone who can attest to your professional achievements and provide additional information about your career goals.
Program Highlights & Benefits
- Enjoy the flexibility of starting your learning journey in a time frame that aligns with your professional goals and allows you to learn while you work
- Build a global network through the dynamic Wharton learning community in which you will be immersed
- Experience individual coaching and support from Wharton’s team of expert executive coaches
- Achieve Wharton alumni status
Experience & Impact
The Advanced Finance Program provides an exclusive, tailored learning journey that allows you to accelerate your learning development in a way that complements your current knowledge base and helps you meet your career goals. You will be taught by the same Wharton faculty who teach in our top-ranked MBA program. Also, the learning environment in many of our finance programs is further enriched by renowned industry leaders and experts who reveal best practices and share highly relevant experiences from the industry front lines.
The Advanced Finance Program consists of six open-enrollment finance programs and is designed to be completed within two years. Choose from the following programs:
- Assessing Commercial Real Estate Investments and Markets
- Corporate Valuation
- Investment Strategies and Portfolio Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity: Investing and Creating Value
- The CFO: Becoming a Strategic Partner
- Value Creation and Growth Through Innovative Corporate Finance
- Venture Capital
- Wharton Finance for Executives
Throughout your learning journey, you will experience highly personalized service from Wharton. From the application process and program selection, to executive coaching and one-on-one feedback, you will have world-renowned business experts to support and guide you.
Upon completion of the Advanced Finance Program, you will return to your organization with:
- Advanced financial acumen that will distinguish you professionally.
- Strategic insight that will strengthen your financial leadership skills as well as enhance your professional value to your company.
- A powerful network of peers and industry leaders from a variety of industries and business disciplines.
Itay Goldstein, PhD
Joel S. Ehrenkranz Family Professor; Professor of Finance; Coordinator of PhD Program, The Wharton School
Research Interests: Corporate finance, financial fragility and crises, financial markets
Robert Holthausen, PhD
The Nomura Securities Co. Professor; Professor of Accounting; Professor of Finance, The Wharton School
Research Interests: Effects of organizational structure on financial performance, management compensation issues, valuation
Jeffrey Jaffe, PhD
Associate Professor of Finance, The Wharton School
Research Interests: Corporate finance, investments, money management, and the effects of information on the behavior of security prices
Mauro Guillén, PhD
Dr. Felix Zandman Professor of International Management; Professor of Management; Director, The Lauder Institute
Research Interests: Globalization, international political economy, multinational management
Michael Roberts, PhD
William H. Lawrence Professor; Professor of Finance, The Wharton School
Research Interests: Applied econometrics, corporate investment, capital structure
Bilge Yilmaz, PhD
Wharton Private Equity Professor; Professor of Finance; Director, Wharton Alternative Investments Initiative, The Wharton School
Research Interests: Corporate finance, alternative investments, game theory, political economy