Who Can Attend:
The General Management Program has been developed for business owners/entrepreneurs and senior business leaders whose professional success will be complemented by focused professional business development, and who recognize that a Wharton credential provides a powerful, competitive advantage in today’s global business world. Admission criteria include:
- At least 10 years of managerial experience
- Significant career achievement
- Leadership responsibilities
The Admissions Committee may request that applicants also submit a professional letter of recommendation as part of the admission process. If requested, this letter must be written by someone who can attest to your professional achievements and provide additional information about your professional goals.
Fluency in English, written and spoken, is required for participation in Wharton Executive Education programs unless otherwise indicated.
Program Highlights & Benefits
- The flexibility to select from a wide variety of open-enrollment programs
- The ability to customize your education to your specific experience and career goals
- The opportunity to build a global network through the many Wharton learning communities in which you will be immersed
- One-to-one coaching and support from Wharton’s team of expert executive coaches
- Wharton alumni status, becoming part of a global alumni network with more than 96,000 members
The General Management Program consists of six open-enrollment programs, including two electives. GMP is designed to be completed over two years, but you may complete it in only two trips to Wharton’s Philadelphia campus by enrolling in multiple programs.
Once your application is accepted, you’ll have the flexibility to customize your education by choosing your four core programs from our wide selection of open-enrollment offerings. You may choose one program from each of the following functional business areas:
- Finance & Wealth Management
- Marketing & Sales
- Strategy & Innovation
Jagmohan Raju, PhD
Joseph J. Aresty Professor; Executive Director, Wharton Co-Sponsorship of Indian School of Business; Professor of Marketing; Vice Dean, Wharton Executive Education
Research Interests: Competitive strategy, pricing, retailing