Data is improving the world in many ways, so why shouldn’t it benefit the world of Human Resource Management. This thinking led us, XLRI Jamshedpur and The Second wind (TSW), to formulate this futuristic course, People Analytics.
With this course, you will be able to succeed as an HR professional who has the skills to find solutions and has a deeper understanding of data and people management. It will also describe how people analytics could be used for effective leadership, managing organisational culture and planning interventions.
Module 1: Introduction to People Analytics
- Evidence-based Approach
- People Analytics Continuum
- People Analytic Process: Designing a Project
Module 2: Descriptive Analytics
Strategic Thinking for Leadership Growth
- Analytical Foundations of HR Measurement
- Bringing HR and Finance together
- Types of HR Metrics
- Developing Proprietary Metrics for your organization/Issues faced
Module 3: Predictive Analytics
- Introduction to Predictive Analytics Tools
- Choosing Predictive Analytic Models for Quantitative Data
- Working with Qualitative Data
- Interpreting Predictive Analytic Results
Module 4: Prescriptive Analytics
- Responding to HR Challenges through Prescriptive Analytics
- Prescriptive Analytics as a Process to Influence Stakeholders
- Contextualized Prescriptions
- Optimization through Prescriptive Analytics
Illustrations of People Analytics from Staffing, Training, Performance Management, Leadership, Organizational Culture, OD interventions, Organizational Structure etc. are covered and discussed across four modules discussed above.
The program will help you to develop analytical capabilities for evidence-based choices by such as: Prioritizing various talent management initiatives for your organization, Identifying employees with high attrition risk, Comparing potential candidates in terms of their future predicted performance, Modifying steps in staffing by eliminating ineffective steps and introducing value adding initiatives, Relevance of forced distribution appraisal systems in your organizations, Compensation optimization by incorporating employee preferences, Culture fit and corrections across various units/departments of your organization etc.
Also emphasize that the program will focus more on analytics than statistical tools. Participants will be provided links to videos illustrating relevant statistical tools for continuous learning during and after the program. Mathematical/Statistical expert is not a prerequisite for joining this program as it is delivered as logical approach of using data for evidence-based decision making.
The faculty would use multiple modes to deliver the course knowledge to the participants, which include live lectures, case studies, analytical exercises, experiential evaluation, live project presentations and feedback in small groups.
The sessions will be delivered on TCLL platform, direct to participants’ device (D2D). Faculty will conduct sessions from XLRI virtually using studio premises.
- Programme Duration: 6 months
- Saturday: 3.30 pm – 6.30 pm
- Class Duration: 3 hours
- Frequency (per month): 3 sessions
- Session start Date: 15th June, 2019
Who Should Attend
The program is for professionals planning to learn about the utility of People Analytics through a systematic development program. This program will help you to utilize people analytics in making better people management decisions in day-to-day work or to pursue a full-time career in HR analytics.
- Final year HR postgraduate students with 2-5 years of relevant work experience may participate in this program. They need to go through a selection process.
- This program is not for experts who are looking for advanced people analytic tools and we will be offering a separate program later for those professionals.
- The programme is for Indian Participants – Graduates (10+2+3) or Diploma Holders (only 10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline with 2 years of work experience in the field of HR at the time of application.
- Non-HR managers, with a minimum of 5 years of work experience at the time of application.
A minimum of 75% attendance is a prerequisite for the successful completion of the programme.
Assessment and Certification
There will periodic evaluations throughout the duration of the programme. These will be in the form of quizzes, assignments, projects, case studies. The main objective of the assignment and projects will be to help participants apply their conceptual learning from the programme to actual organizational decision-making scenarios.
Participants are expected to choose an analytic theme relevant for their work context and ensure access to required data for analysis. These themes could be group/team dynamics, expectation of different types of candidates, generational differences, issues associated with summer internships that are relevant for their context and assure complete learning about analytic processes.
- Participants would need to submit at least 75% of all experiential assignments to become eligible for a program completion certificate. In addition to experiential assignment, there will be a mandatory individual project based evaluation in the sixth month.
- Participants completing the assignments and projects as described above will receive a program completion certificate.