The Senior Leadership Programme designed by Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur (XSLP), is a one-year immersive management education programme designed specifically for senior executives with at least 10 years of managerial experience. The programme is designed to equip participants’ skills related to effective communication of strategy, negotiation, abilities to influence team behaviour and manage team results. In a senior role, it’s crucial that one has the right blend of soft skills and a strategic mind-set to achieve specific performance outcomes at one’s organisation. The XSLP equips one with the critical skills to lead one’s organisation to success. XSLP is ideal for senior managers and proven business leaders with the zeal to accelerate both organisational and personal growth.
Module I – Strengthening the Foundation
Anchors of Leadership
- Concept of leadership
Dynamics of Markets
- Understanding Customers and Markets Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Strategic Marketing & Pricing Techniques
Visioning and Communicating
- Visioning and Goal Setting
- Effective Communication (for internal & external stakeholders)
Module II – Setting the Direction – Strategic Thinking
Strategic Thinking for Leadership Growth
- Organisational Strategy
- Entrepreneurial Thinking
Building a Responsible Organisation: Sustainability and Ethics
- Stakeholder Management and Sustainability
- Building an Ethical Organisation
Creating Corporate Value
- Finance & Accounting for the Leaders/Non-finance Executives
- Corporate Strategy – Alliances, M&A and Valuation
Module III: – Strategy Implementation
Organisational Structure and HR Alignment
- Designing Organizational Structure and Controls
- Leveraging Human Resources
Creating High-performance Teams
- Designing Appropriate Incentive Systems
- Building Teams
Managing at Scale
- Managing Growth and New Businesses
- Managing Large Projects
Module IV:- Leading Change
Conflict Management and Negotiations
- Conflict Resolution
- Effective Negotiations
Business Turn-around Management
Corporate Culture, Creativity and Innovation
- Instilling High-performance Culture
- Designing Creativity and Innovation
Individual project will involve identification of leadership challenges and opportunities within the participant’s organisation. The issues will be fine-tuned through a series of interactions with programme faculty/coaching/workshops during campus component.
The programme will ensure intensive immersion through the Interactive Learning (IL) platform as well as a 5-day in-campus module at XLRI Jamshedpur. Teaching methodologies include:
- Online lectures
- Case studies
- Games & Simulations
- On-campus face-to-face sessions
The Interactive Learning component forms the core of the XSLP. Instructors facilitate learning via two-way audio/video synchronous telecommunication mode from the studio set up at XLRI Jamshedpur campus. The technology allows the instructor to use slide presentations, video, audio, whiteboards, etc., to effectively communicate ideas and interact with participants.
Pan India Network of Learning Centres
68 learning centres spread across 45 cities all over India.
The classes will be conducted twice a week.
||9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
||3:30 PM to 6.30 PM
Who Should Attend
XSLP is targeted for the elite group of senior managers and proven business leaders, with a zeal to accelerate both organizational and personal growth, and aspiring to be functional heads, business unit heads or entrepreneurs.
- Graduates (10+2+3 or equivalent) & Post-Graduates in any discipline with 50% marks
- Working managers with at least 10 years of experience
- Evaluation methodology includes written tests, assignments, online examination, quizzes, etc.
- The institute shall set the papers for examinations and evaluation shall be done by the institute at its own cost. The faculty members teaching their respective courses will choose the method of evaluation most appropriate to the material.
- Each module will have an evaluation component designed by the respective faculty. The mode of evaluation may contain case analysis, quizzes, class’ participation, individual or group projects.
- Regular Quizzes will be conducted online/offline in the classrooms.
- End Term Examination to be conducted at respective centres on Saturday after the session or on Sunday before the session, provided slots are available; exceptions can be mutually decided.
Alumni Status Benefits from XLRI
- Time to time update on programme-related information and newsletters
- Lifelong access to XLRI Alumni network with updates of alumni events
- Onsite access of XLRI library
- Discount on different programmes offered through VIL platform as per the institute norms
Candidates will successfully complete the programme if they are evaluated for all modules with good grades. Successful candidates will receive a Certificate of Completion from XLRI Jamshedpur. Those with requisite participation but unable to complete successfully, will receive a Certificate of Participation. It will be mandatory for participants to complete the campus for the successful completion of the programme.